Thursday, October 27, 2011

(REVIEW) Bound to Please Neoprene Restraints from Good Vibes

Most couples have tried a pair of handcuffs in their bedroom activities… or at least most of the couples I know. Whether they are metal cuffs, furry cuffs, or just a nice long silky sash, most of my friends that I talk with about this sort of thing have at least tried it once. I was recently given the opportunity to review the Bound to Please Neoprene Restraints from GoodVibes, and I jumped on it!



The kink lab neoprene cuffs that I received are pink in colour. They are also available in black. I chose the pink coloured cuffs because I feel that the colour makes them much less intimidating. The price of the cuffs is $14.00. With that in mind, I did not expect much as far as quality goes… but let me tell you, the quality is superb.

The cuffs are packaged in a plastic box. There are no care instructions on the cuffs or in the box, so you’ll have to keep the packaging if you want to have the care instructions on hand. To care for them, you must hand wash the cuffs in warm water, and let them air dry. They are extremely easy to clean, and the cuffs dry quite quickly.

To be completely honest, I had no idea what “neoprene” was before receiving these cuffs. So, if you have no idea either, I’m going to fill you in! Basically neoprene is a synthetic rubber that is washable and safer for those who have latex allergies. The neoprene is extremely comfortable and soft on the skin. This is important, especially if you are new to restraints. The last thing you need is a pair of metal cuffs that will make the wearer very uncomfortable (and most likely never use them again).

The cuffs are adjustable by Velcro to fit smaller wrists, to larger wrists. Being able to adjust the cuffs to the appropriate wrist size is extremely important, especially when you are looking to maximize comfort for the wearer. Because these cuffs can be adjusted, they can also be used for ankle restraints if that is something you are into.

The cuffs link together with metal claw-style hooks. These hooks are industrial strength, and very, very thick. The cuffs will not detach from each other, regardless of how heavy your play is. I have tried similar cuffs, but the quality was garbage. I have never seen such strong hardware on a pair of cuffs, especially not cuffs at this price. No matter how hard I tried pulling this apart just to prove a point, I couldn’t.

The metal claw-style hooks are also nice to have on the cuffs because they can be attached to any restraint products you may have, or plan on purchasing. A really good example of what I am talking about is the bed restraint system at GoodVibes. The hooks allow for attachment to items such as this one.

Would I recommend these cuffs? Absolutely. I’ve listed the reasons why this product is now one of my favourites below.

I'd highly recommend these cuffs because:
  • the price is ridiculously amazing
  • you are not sacrificing quality for a low price. These cuffs are high quality!
  • they're easy to maintain and care for.
  • the hardware on these cuffs are the best I have seen so far
  • available in both black and pink colours
  • the cuffs are non-intimidating
  • the cuffs have hooks that allow you to use other restraint products with them
  • they are adjustable to fit your wrists, regardless of their size.
  • they are comfortable
  • the hooks rotate so that the wearer will not become uncomfortable with the cuffs twisting the wrong way

 Rating:
An absolute 5 out of 5. I have yet to see a pair of cuffs that can compare to both quality and price of the Bound to Please Neoprene Restraints!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love