Thursday, September 29, 2011

(REVIEW) Sexy Smokin' Hot Fire Fighter Adult Costume from Wholesale Halloween Costumes

It's almost October. Wow. Time just flies when your having fun!

I'll admit, my favourite part of October is Halloween. I don't care for decorations, candy, or any scary pranks that come along with it... What I do love about it though, is that it is the only time of year when it is socially acceptable for adults to prance around in costume. I love dressing up!

So when I was given the opportunity to review a costume from the online website, Wholesale Halloween costumes, I was thrilled! I decided to get a sexy outfit, that way it could be worn any time of the year (in my home that is). I decided to review the Smokin' Hot Fire Fighter Costume in size large. Below is the stock photo from the website of the costume I received:

It took me so long to browse through the website because they have the biggest selection EVER of costumes for adults. Initially, I wanted to review the Misses Scissorhands outfit because it is AMAZING, but it only came in size medium (boooo!!). Here is a photo of the outfit I originally wanted to review:

*Sigh* Anyway, I received the Smokin' Fire Fighter Costume about ten business days after I had ordered it. As soon as I received it, I tried it on. I was going to take photos to post here on my blog, but the costume is a bit too revealing for photos, and we all know that it's NOT sexy when there is no mystery. So this outfit will stay confined to the bedroom.

The costume comes with the following pieces:
  • The dress which zips in the front
  • the "smokin" bra top which you wear underneath the dress
  • the reflective belt which you wear over the dress on your mid-section
  • fire hat
  • boot toppers (not the boots, just the reflective pieces above the boots)
This specific outfit really did not tickle my fancy though. It looks HOT on the model, but her figure is a thin hourglass shape. Unfortunately, mine is not. If you have no chest, it will most likely look super awkward on you. My chest is large, and it still looks weird. The model appears to have fake breasts (though I could be wrong), so it looks perfect on her. Even with my somewhat-large chest, the smokin' bra top that goes under the dress kept ravelling so the word "smokin" wasn't easy to read. You have to have fake breasts, or gigantic breasts in order to fit into the top, and make it look good. That's my first subjective opinion on the costume.

The second opinion, is that the belt that goes around your mid-section is not adjustable. It has a velcro closure, so if you are not an hourglass shape, the belt may not fit you. The dress fit me fine, but the belt did not. If it were adjustable, then I'd have no problem with it.

My last subjective opinion is that the hat looks great on the model. On me, I just looked silly. I'm not sure if this is because my hair is black, so it blends in with the hat and outfit, but no matter how I placed the hat on my head, it looked funny.

Now, for my objective opinions...

The quality of the costume is fantastic. Often we assume that low price reflects poor quality. That is absolutely not true when it comes to this website. The material is of good quality, and will most likely last you many Halloween seasons because of it's durability.

The retail price of this outfit is $60.00. At WHC, they sell the outfit for $37.90! 
Who doesn't like amazing prices?! 

WHC also sells different accessories to go with your choice of costume. All of the costumes come with everything needed, but if you want to add a little extra something, they've got it! 

Would I recommend this website? ABSOLUTELY. I have it bookmarked so that I can check out the other sexy Halloween costumes and buy a couple more because the prices are fantastic. Would I recommend this specific outfit though? Meh. If you feel you can rock' this outfit, all the power to you, but I'd probably suggest browsing the other outfits first before deciding on which would look best on you.

To check out the other costumes for men,women and children, decorations, props, accessories, wigs, and more, visit Wholesale Halloween Costumes HERE.


Disclaimer: Wholesale Halloween Costumes provided me with a free sample of this product for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love